Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to my journey!

Here's a confession:  I have always been raised in the Church but have never been a very good christian.  Lately (lately being the last several years!) I have had a desire to get to know God better.  I can feel Him calling me back to Himself.  It hasn't been some great revelation with booming voices from the sky or miraculous wonders (whatever those may be).  It's just been this little voice in the back of my mind that pops up at certain times of the day or night saying "you should pray right now" or "maybe a little bible study would be nice right now."  Nothing that is overwhelming and majestic.  Don't you wish it would be?  It would make knowing what to do so much easier!  So this begins my journey back to God and to my Catholic faith.  My desire is to learn more about everything, christianity, Catholicism, Jesus, all of it.  Should be easy to do, right? 

A little about myself, I am a 46 year old wife, mother and nurse.  I have 5 kids and have been married for almost 23 years (whew!).  I was raised Catholic but had fallen away from the church until a few years ago (more on that story later) and have been struggling lately to get back into my faith and find out what it is really about.  My husband was also raised Catholic but doesn't attend church.  I work as a Labor and Delivery nurse and on my days off I spend my time knitting, reading, playing taxi driver to my kids and doing laundry.  Lots and lots of laundry. 

Please join me as I try to figure out how to become a Christian again.

No comments:

Post a Comment